Last Updated on Monday, 17 November 2014 12:11Employment Opportunities
Resident Service Coordinator
Appleton Corporation/O’Connell Senior Living Communities-Springfield / Holyoke Area
RSC positions available for a well established AMO Property Management Company 40hrs/wk. benefited position. Responsibilities include coordination of community services for elders in independent housing, arrange incoming presenters and programs and facilitate wellness programs as well as work as part of the management staff to assist residents in lease compliance and to age in place. Must be well organized, resourceful and have the ability to work independently and as a team player. Associates degree in Human Services/ Social Work or 3-5 years equivalent work experience with seniors providing services in a housing environment or a social services organization. Applicants MUST have the ability to converse bilingually/Spanish.
Position: Resident Services Coordinator
Company: Dimeo Properties
Site: Attleboro, MA
Position: Part-time - 20 hrs/wk
1. Identify and assess individual and family needs when appropriate; inform the resident of available resources and provide support in accessing services successfully. Document these efforts.
2. Help to facilitate resident meetings and community-organizing and social activities if desired by residents.
3. Develop supportive professional relationships with residents that help them enhance the quality of their lives, empower them to develop life goals and encourage them in taking the steps to achieve self-sufficiency.
4. When requested, work with property management in mediating conflicts between residents. Document these efforts.
5. Identify, assess, select, develop and maintain referral partnership relationships with local service resource agencies that effectively assist residents to achieve their opportunities and objectives in life.
6. Provide supportive linkages between residents and referral agency staff when residents or agencies request assistance. Document these efforts.
7. Refer lease violations to the Property Manager and work with the property management team when a resident is identified as being in jeopardy of eviction. Offer linkages and referral support to the resident to positively and quickly rectify the situation. Document these efforts.
8. Establish resident services program targets. Consistently track and measure program target progress. Regularly report program outcomes to both internal and external stakeholders. Analyze and utilize outcomes data as the basis for continuous program improvement.
9. Insure effective communication with residents by newsletter, flyer, bulletin board, etc., making sure that communication is inclusive of residents whose primary language isn't English and who, as a result, have limited English proficiency, and people with visual and cognitive impairments.
10. Welcome new residents (and establish contact with existing residents) and explain to them the resident services program, its offerings, and the RSC role in providing information and support in assisting residents interested in accessing local service resources.
11. Help set a tone of inclusion and non-discrimination in the resident community.
12. Complete HUD Semi-Annual Performance Report and other monthly resident services reports as required by supervisor.
13. Complete other housing and resident related assignments as directed by the supervisor.
Bachelor's degree or higher in Social Work, Psychology, Gerontology, Counseling, or related specialty or significant work experience relevant to the position.
Knowledge of relevant state, federal and local resources and agencies. Must pass a background check and a drug screening. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) encouraged.
If interested please contact and send resumes to:
Director of Resident Services
Resident Service Coordinator – 2 FT positions in Providence, RI
The RSC connects residents in need with supportive services, to promote successful tenancy and self-sufficiency. The RSC facilitates community-building opportunities and coordinates educational programs to ensure high quality of life in the housing community.
Connect residents with supportive services to help them gain maximum independence and self-sufficiency, providing social service intervention, information and referral to residents, as needed
Coordinate all aspects of educational, health & wellness events, activities and programs for residents in the housing community.
Work closely with property management team to address the needs of resident and to build a harmonious community.
Collaborate with community partners to promote resident independence and high quality of life.
Support residents with lease compliance.
BA preferred. Experience in human services, gerontology and/or housing services is required.