Last Updated on Monday, 16 May 2016 14:07Employment Opportunities
Resident Service Coordinator: The Northampton Housing Authority (NHA) is seeking a Full Time Resident Services Coordinator for low to moderate income elderly/disabled housing communities within Northampton, MA.
Candidate must possess experience with working with diverse populations, strong organizations, communication, case management and record keeping skills, as well as knowledge of local and state resources. B.S. required in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field.
Salary based on experience and includes excellent benefits.
Posted 4-1-16 - updated 4-7-16
RESIDENT SERVICE COORDINATOR—PT/FT Positions Available - South End (FT), one in Lower Roxbury (PT), one in Mattapan (FT), and one in Dorchester (FT).
The Resident Service Coordinator (RSC) supports Trinity Management LLC’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting professionalism and a deep respect for residents. In adhering to the mission of TMLLC, the RSC builds and maintains relationships with residents. This creates an environment that empowers residents to identify their assets and address their needs. Furthermore, the RSC offers the support and guidance necessary to foster independence and enhance the quality of resident lives.
1. Provides short-term, care coordination including intake and referral services to residents needing assistance to maintain independence and promote self-sufficiency; i.e. counseling, personal assistance, homemakers, meals-on-wheels, transportation, visiting nurse, wellness clinics.
2. Develops linkages and relationships with agencies and providers in the community in order to identify quality and affordable services.
3. Develops, maintains, and updates directories and listings of community resources for use by both staff and residents.
4. Educates residents on service availability, social service application procedures and rights, and provides advocacy when necessary.
5. Monitors the ongoing community agency services to ensure that agency and housing management are current with the progress of residents.
6. Works with residents in building support networks with other residents, family, and friends. This may involve the development of resident associations, resource listings for self-referral, newsletters, welcoming committees, orientation packages, support groups, and resident boards.
7. Works with residents in securing and/or creating social programming opportunities which meet the health, educational and values of the housing community.
8. Collaborates with community providers to create on-site resident programs, activities, and events to promote social interaction among residents.
9. Collaborates with residents, property management, and neighbors to resolve conflicts.
10. Establishes volunteer and other support programs for the resident population with service organizations in the community.
11. Collaborates with management staff, families, and community social service agencies to identify and address resident concerns.
12. Provides follow-up to referrals to ensure appropriate service delivery.
13. Refers to appropriate agency any resident experiencing problems which threaten health and safety. Supports residents remaining at home independently, while educating residents and family members about alternative housing options
14. Educates family members and the community to understand the changing needs of residents; especially seniors and people with disabilities, while being sensitive to their choices as they age-in-place.
15. Educates residents on various aspects of community living including: community participation, lease compliance, life skills, and leadership development.
16. Educates site staff on issues that impact the resident's quality of life including Reasonable Accommodation (504) requests, service coordination, aging in place, domestic violence, family issues, mental health, and developmental disabilities.
17. Develops and presents trainings related to resident concerns to residents, community organizations, community development corporations, the management team, and TAP Conferences.
18. Assists in developing and implementing policies and protocols for TMLLC which set a standard of care or operation for the Company to adhere to, for example, guidelines for addressing Domestic Violence, 504 Reasonable Accommodation, responding to Bedbug infestations, and guidelines for computer learning centers.
19. Compiles data regarding services provided and reports to Management, owners, board, funding sources etc…
20. Maintains clear, concise and appropriate information in resident files.
21. Creates clear documentation of program development efforts to aid in reporting and replication of programs.
22. Completes all documentation in a timely manner.
23. Researches and documents availability of community programs and resources.
24. Develops and manages RSC budget on-site in collaboration with management and owner
25. Explores funding options and grant-writing opportunities and follows through on program and documentation requirements.
These PT/FT positions offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an opportunity to learn many versatile skills! Interested candidates must be licensed (LCSW or LICSW) or license-eligible. We prefer bilingual candidates who speak Cantonese, Spanish, or Vietnamese.
The Schochet Companies are now accepting resumes for a Resident Services Coordinator.
We are an expanding property management company that offers excellent career advancement and an exciting chance to be part of a diverse team!
For more information on this position please contact Robin @ 617-398-5144.
S/he will work closely with the Director of Property Management, the rest of the Property Management team and its operations, as well as the Advisory Committee, in order to establish goals geared to assisting residents to maintain successful and stable housing. The Resident Engagement Manager will develop and maintain positive working relationships with community service providers to create a strong network of potential partners committed to improving the lives of our residents.
Skills needed include: At least 3-5 years of successful experience with developing and nurturing community partnerships; program development and implementation; supervision; budgeting and fiscal management; ability to build sustainable partnerships and working relationships with residents, community partners and funders; ability and desire to understand and respect various cultural attitudes and beliefs; and excellent communication, organization and writing skills. Experience with grant writing and/or fundraising is preferred. Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and other computer programs, as required; Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred, however not required.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Home City Housing
5 Northampton Avenue
Springfield, MA 01104
Job Title: Social Worker: Community Education & Training Specialist PostingDate: March 1, 2016
Closing Date: When Filled
Hrs/Week: Full time 36.25 hrs/week
Job Location: Waltham
Position Summary: The Community Education and Training Specialist will join a team that develops and delivers education and training programs and activities focused on promoting mental health among older adults in independent housing and other community settings. This position is a key contributor within the Services for Older Adults division. The Community Education and Training Specialist will work with the team to develop, market and deliver training and consultation services for providers (staff) and older adults. The ideal candidate will have a mental health background, presentation skills and a strong desire to work with older adults and aging services providers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and deliver training workshops and educational talks for older adults in the community and paraprofessional and professional aging services staff.
- Identify end users and develop strategies for marketing our programs and products.
- Network and foster collaborative relationships with other programs and organizations.
- Attend and participate actively in required meetings.
- Carry out administrative (tracking and collecting data, reports, program evaluation) functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s in Social Work.
- Experience in mental health setting working with older adults.
- Experience in leading and facilitating groups/workshops.
- Experience in collaborating as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement programs.
- Must have valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
JF&CS believes in developing talent and offers extensive opportunities for promotion for highly qualified employees. JF&CS offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and a benefit package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and employee referral bonuses.
Resident Services Associate Boston, MA
POAH Communities is a high-performance property management affiliate of one of the nation’s most accomplished affordable housing owner /developers. We manage over 8,700 units throughout the United States. We are seeking candidates for the position of Resident Services Associate.
The applicant will be a bright and dynamic individual with hands-on experience and the demonstrated ability to successfully provide technical assistance, training, support and evaluation to property management and resident services field staff as they continue to implement and grow our Resident Services initiative across our portfolio.
The Resident Services Associate position will assist the Resident Services department in driving performance across the department as our implementation moves forward. The associate will review and analyze performance indicators, assist in the assembly and presentation of performance data for a variety of stakeholders, provide quality assurance and training support for field staff, and work with other POAH Communities departments in support of integrated outcomes.
The associate will be tasked with driving technology through our PI Resident Services workflow and database and through this system, offer training and support to deepen understanding and impact of our systems and workflow. The result of this person’s work will be the consistency of workflow and processes across the portfolio, standardized system onboarding, improved efficiencies through best practice sharing and implementation, focused trainings for individual and regional staff teams, data-driven decisions, and the increased visibility of site, regional, and portfolio gains towards our Resident Service outcomes. Specifically, the associate will ensure the continued completion of resident services questionnaires to establish site and portfolio data baseline and trends towards outcomes, monitor workflow and provide individual, site, and regional trainings, and facilitate best practices communication and implementation.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge and capacity to train towards Resident Services and Property Management operating systems (Yardi, Efforts to Outcomes, Integratec) as evaluation and strength/challenge identification is core to the responsibilities of the position.
In addition, candidates should show a demonstrated ability to:
• Manage data and information systems through periods of organizational growth;
• Communicate effectively in person and in writing;
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to privileged resident, financial and legal matters;
• Manage property management and service-oriented databases and workflow;
• Use Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Microsoft Excel) for presentations, analysis, and evaluation
• Organize simultaneous activities and workflows to meet competing deadlines, and
• Use and leverage technology in a way that makes our company run with the upmost efficiency and integrity
• Train small to large groups of individuals on complex systems
Education & Experience: College degree required. Candidates must have at least 1-2 years of proven experience in housing real estate, program evaluation, project/program management, and/or technology training.
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER
FULL-TIME - CHERRY HILL APARTMENTS 204 GREENVILLE AVENUE, JOHNSTON, RI 02919
POAH Communities is a high-performance property management affiliate of one of the nation’s most accomplished affordable housing owner /developers. We manage over 8,700 units throughout the United States. We are seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Property Manager for a tax credit/ Section 8 assisted apartment development in Johnston, Rhode Island.
The ideal applicant must be certified as a Tax Credit Specialist and/or Certified Occupancy Specialist. The applicant will be a bright and dynamic individual with hands-on experience and the demonstrated ability to successfully assist in the management of staff and overseeing day-to-day operations, maintenance programs, marketing and leasing activity, occupancy, financial analysis, budget preparations and annual tenant certifications. This position is ‘hands on’, but requires the ability to envision and create, in concert with manager, residents and staff, a harmonious, cohesive atmosphere.
Previous experience with government-assisted and subsidized housing programs is preferred. Flexibility, positive attitude, team orientation and willingness to learn are a must! Strong verbal, written and customer service communication skills are essential; computer proficiency (specifically in MS-Word, Excel, and Outlook) is a plus, as is familiarity with Yardi software.
POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work force. For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER
PART-TIME POSITION - POCASSET MANOR - 20 KELLEY STREET, PROVIDENCE, RI 02909
POAH Communities, LLC is a high-performance property management affiliate of one of the nation’s most accomplished affordable housing owner/developers. We manage over 8,700 units throughout the United States. We are seeking candidates for the Part-Time position of Assistant Property Manager at a 72-unit tax credit/ Section 8 assisted apartment development in Providence, Rhode Island.
The ideal applicant must be certified as a Tax Credit Specialist and /or Certified Occupancy Specialist. The applicant will be a bright and dynamic individual with hands-on experience and the demonstrated ability to successfully assist in the management of staff and overseeing day- to-day operations, maintenance programs, marketing and leasing activity, occupancy, financial analysis, budget preparations and annual tenant certifications. This position is ‘hands on’, but requires the ability to envision and create, in concert with manager, residents and staff, a harmonious, cohesive atmosphere.
Previous experience with government-assisted and subsidized housing programs is preferred. Flexibility, positive attitude, team orientation and willingness to learn are a must! Strong verbal, written and customer service communication skills are essential? computer proficiency (specifically to MSWord, Excel, and Outlook) is a plus, as is familiarity with Yardi software. Bilingual in Spanish strongly desired.
POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the work force. For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com.
Resident Service Program Director
Location/Site Description: Metro Boston area
Position Summary: Experienced social service professional to provide regional leadership and overall direction to the Service Coordination program, serving 800+ households of affordable housing in an urban setting. The Program Director assumes full responsibility for service-delivery to residents at multiple affordable housing communities, overseeing all aspects of service provision and programs for residents at assigned properties. The Program Director hires and supervises site-based Resident Service Coordinators, insuring quality of services.
- Hire, train and supervise resident services staff at assigned properties.
- Interface regularly with property management teams to insure delivery of high-quality services to residents.
- Work with the site Director of Resident Services, management team and residents to determine annual goals for assigned properties, related to resident services. Formalize plans for addressing, meeting and tracking the goals.
- Provide oversight re: RSC reporting for all assigned sites (including Monthly RSC reports and HUD Semi-annual Report)
- Work closely with property owners to insure that their mission is perpetuated and that the resident service program falls directly in line with their goals and priorities.
- Identify relevant community service agencies that serve (or could potentially serve) residents. Establish formal MOU’s with the major partners, to bring streamlined services, enrichment programs and opportunities to residents.
- Hold a leadership role on the corporate resident services team, providing training and mentoring to other RSC’s, taking leadership at team meetings and engaging in special projects, as requested by Director of Resident Services.
- Participate in resident services policy development.
Education – Master’s degree, LICSW plus strong background in housing services
Certifications/Licensure – required-LICSW license. Must have valid Driver’s License
Computer Skills – Proficient in MS Office and excel
Other – Ability to work a flexible schedule to attend occasional evening meetings and events