Last Updated on Friday, 29 May 2015 08:19Employment Opportunities
Resident Service Coordinator - Part-time, Glastonbury, CT
Resident Services Coordinator
SHP Management Corp., a development and management company specializing in affordable housing, is seeking an experienced Resident Services Coordinator to service a 429 unit mixed elderly/disabled and family subsidized property located in the Newark NJ area. This position is 35 hour/week full time position, Monday-Friday. Days and hours can be flexible and will be required at times according to resident’s needs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Provide a support/referral system to residents in order to assist them in maintaining their independence and to promote their physical, emotional, and social well being.
- Provide outreach, assessment and linkage to entitlement programs and services available through various federal, state and local service providers.
- Serve as a liaison between residents and their families to various federal, state and local service providers to promote self sufficiency and a sense of community among resident population.
- Assist in identifying, developing and coordinating on?site educational programs for youth, family and elderly residents.
- Maintain documentation of all interventions and communication in resident files.
- Promote company and advocate for residents through participation in professional and community organizations.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills and knowledge of community, state and federal resources for elderly/disabled in New Jersey.
- A minimum of 3-years of social services/human services required.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Social Work preferred.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Prior affordable housing experience a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
SHP is committed to a drug-free workplace. We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package, including:
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal leave.
- 401(k) plan with generous company match.
- Portion of paid health and dental plans.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Opportunity for professional growth and development.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
Or Fax 207.510.2493
Please read what some of our employees think about working at SHP.
“During my first year of employment, SHP Management assisted me in obtaining my HUD RSC certification. Since then, I have been given the opportunity to attend professional conferences and educational programs to maintain my certification and further develop my skills. I am currently enrolled in the UMass Boston Masters Program in Gerontology as a direct result of SHP Management’s generous education reimbursement benefit. I am very fortunate to work for a company that recognizes the value of professional development.” Ronnie, Resident Services Coordinator, MA
“After working in the industry for quite some time now, I can honestly state that SHP Management stands out above your average management company. The level of quality, professionalism, organization and positive corporate culture the company maintains exceeds the standards in every area; because of this and more I am happy to be working at SHP.” Elaine, Property Manager, NJ
The Barkan Companies (www.barkanco.com) are a diversified group of real estate businesses with a solid record of success in property management, construction and development. Today we employ over 600 people and provide services to 125 residential communities in 14 states with offices in Boston, Providence, Hartford and Washington DC. Barkan is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and opportunities for advancement.
Barkan Management Company is seeking a part-time (20-25 hours/week) Resident Service Coordinator for a 31-unit senior housing community located in Vernon, CT.
1. Experience in Social Work, Psychology or Counseling is preferable.
2. Two to three years’ experience with senior citizens and people with disabilities.
3. Demonstrated working knowledge of supportive services and other resources in the area served by the property.
4. Demonstrated ability to advocate, organize, problem-solve and provide results for the residents they serve.
5. Proficiency with MS Office skills is required.
6. Previous experience in property management and knowledge of HUD regulations is a plus, but not required.
Objective of the Position:
The Resident Service Coordinator (RSC) must work from an empowerment model. The goal of the program is self-actualization of residents. Residents should do as much as they are capable
of doing themselves. The RSC works in conjunction with the Property Manager in a mutually respectful, collaborative relationship.
1. Provides general service management which includes intake evaluations, education (services available and application procedures) and referral of residents to service providers in the general community. These social services may include meals-on-wheels, transportation, home health aides, homemakers, financial assistance, counseling, preventative health screening, and other needed services.
2. Sponsors educational events which may include subjects relating to health care, agency support, life skills, referral sources, etc.
3. Monitors the ongoing provision of services from community agencies and keeps the case management and provider agency current with the progress of the individual. Manages the provision of supportive services where appropriate.
4. Serves as a liaison to community agencies, networks with community providers and seeks out new services available to the residents.
5. Assists the residents in building informal support networks with other residents, family and friends.
6. Provides communication to residents through newsletters, calendars, flyers, and monthly meetings.
7. Provides administrative support to the Property Manager.
8. Maintains accurate records and prepares reports for Board of Directors and HUD.
Director of Resident Services
Newton Community Development Foundation (NCDF) a private, not for profit, developer and manager of affordable housing is seeking a full-time Director of Resident Services to supervise its Resident Services staff and program consultants and oversee the facilitation of programs and activities. The Director of Resident Services will also provide support and referrals to residents, as needed to assure housing stability.
· Supervise resident services staff (Resident Services Coordinator, Fitness and Wellness Coordinator, and Afterschool Youth Program Coordinator) and other program consultants that work directly with residents and provide the services and programs;
· Provide resident service consultations, assessments and referral for individual residents, which includes crisis intervention, emergency assessments, short-term treatment, and assistance to residents and their families when resident requires additional supportive services or more service oriented housing;
· Consult and provide direction to NCDF’s ADA/504 coordinator who will review and process requests for reasonable accommodations;
· Work closely with Resident Services Coordinator to implement new programs and services;
· Assist and support Executive Director and Fundraising Consultant with preparation of grant proposals;
· Manage the NCDF’s Resident Services Department within budget and according to NCDF’s policies, procedures and standards;
· Establish alliances and working relationships with residents, community-based organizations; and social service agencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Social work license, MSW preferred;
· At least 5 years’ experience in social services field;
· Knowledgeable of public benefits and social service systems and ability to promote independent living with residents;
· Strong presentation and organizational skills as well as excellent oral and written communication;
· Proficient with standard computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
· Own vehicle required and valid MA driver’s license
SOCIAL SERVICES IN HOUSING
Posted 4-6-15 (rev. 4-7-15)
Resident Service Coordinator – Waterbury, CT
Full-time Resident Service Coordinator to provide services and programs to families, elderly and disabled residents at large affordable housing community.
Planning, coordination & implementation of educational, health/wellness and enrichment programs for residents.
Social service intervention and referral with elders, families and residents with special needs.
Assisting management team with resident issues related to tenancy and housing stability.
Community liaison and resource gathering re: services for residents.
Working with residents and staff to create a harmonious community.