Last Updated on Friday, 20 March 2015 07:38Employment Opportunities
Residential Case Manager
Hours: Full Time
Job Site: Caritas Communities Buildings, Greater Boston & Headquarters in Braintree, MA
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefit package in a supportive work environment
The Residential Case Manager (RCM) will
be responsible for improving the lives of Caritas residents by identifying
needs and assisting residents in connecting with outside services to help meet
those essential needs. The RCM will also
record and measure outputs and outcomes of work for program assessment and grant
reporting purposes. The RCM will work
closely with the four Property Managers and the 29 Site Managers.
Connect with residents to identify needs
Welcome/orient new residents to the building/neighborhood.
Connect with each new resident arriving from homelessness (through BHA, MBHP and HomeStart)
Develop presence in buildings with residents in greatest need of support services
Develop and implement Individual Service Plans (ISP) with residents.
Connect residents to nearby services to help meet their needs
Provide residents with advocacy, referrals, and crisis intervention (financial, emotional)
Assistant residents in making appointments with service providers, filling out necessary forms, navigate complex application processes
Elder services, substance abuse counseling, job skills and placement workshops, health and dental care, food sources and legal services
Support property and site managers in helping residents with issues that are/could jeopardize their tenancy
Develop service provider relations for potential partnerships
Work with Volunteer Coordinator to help meet resident needs through volunteer efforts (money workshops, activities, basic items [toiletries, bedding and so on])
Track outcomes for program analysis and fundraising reports
Follow clients for a year after departure - collect data on successes and hardships
- Maintain program statistics/outcomes measurements
- Maintain client records
- BA or related degree/MSW preferred
- Previous experience in case management working with low income and/or homeless adults
- Familiarity with the guidelines of HIPAA and 42 CFR as they relate to client rights, confidentiality and protected health information.
- Administrative/management experience
- Extensive knowledge of social services and other resources for residents in Greater Boston
- Valid driver’s license
AHEPA has a position for a 20 hour week Service Coordinator. This position is new to service coordination and is in Niantic, CT. Apply at http://www.ahepamgmt.com/
The Barkan Companies (http://www.barkanco.com/) are a diversified group of real estate businesses with a solid record of success in property management, construction and development. Today we employ over 600 people and provide services to 125 residential communities in 14 states with offices in Boston, Providence, Hartford and Washington DC. Barkan is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and opportunities for advancement.
Barkan Management Company is seeking a part-time (20-25 hours/week) Resident Service Coordinator for a 31-unit senior housing community located in Vernon, CT.
1. A BA/BS (or higher) in Social Work, Psychology or Counseling is preferable.
2. Two to three years’ experience with senior citizens and people with disabilities.
3. Demonstrated working knowledge of supportive services and other resources in the
area served by the property.
4. Demonstrated ability to advocate, organize, problem-solve and provide results for
the residents they serve.
5. MS Office skills is required.
experience in property management and knowledge of HUD regulations is a plus,
but not required.
Objective of the Position:
Resident Service Coordinator (RSC) must work from an empowerment model. The
goal of the program is self-actualization of residents. Residents should do as
much as they are capable of
doing themselves. The RSC works in conjunction with the Property Manager in a
mutually respectful, collaborative relationship.
general service management which includes intake evaluations, education
(services available and application procedures) and referral of residents to
service providers in the general community. These social services may include
home health aides, homemakers, financial assistance, counseling, preventative
health screening, and other needed services.
2. Sponsors educational events which may include subjects relating to health care,
agency support, life skills, referral sources, etc.
3. Monitors the ongoing provision of services from community agencies and keeps the
case management and provider agency current with the progress of the individual.
the provision of supportive services where appropriate.
4. Serves as a liaison to community agencies, networks with community providers and
seeks out new services available to the residents.
5. Assists the residents in building informal support networks with other residents,
communication to residents through newsletters, calendars, flyers, and monthly
administrative support to the Property Manager.
accurate records and prepares reports for Board of Directors and HUD.
Resident Service Coordinator
Appleton Corporation/O’Connell Senior Living Communities
Springfield / Holyoke Area
Resident Services Coordinator
SHP Management Corp., seeks an experienced Part time Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) working 10 hours weekly. Responsibilities include coordinating supportive services/programs for a 78 unit elderly/disabled subsidized housing property located in North Adams, MA.