Last Updated on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 17:22Employment Opportunities
CASEWORKER (P/T) - Social Services Department, Windsor, CT
The Town of Windsor has a part-time opening for a Caseworker to provide casework services to a wide variety of residents.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, energy assistance, support groups, and program development. The applicant must be client oriented, self-motivated, and committed to working in a team-based environment.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and 2-3 years of relevant work experience desired. Working knowledge of basic human needs programs a plus. The hours for the position will be 25 per week, with a salary of $18-20/hr., commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position please complete an on-line application at www.townofwindsorct.com/humanresources/ and include a cover letter and resume. The deadline for submission of application materials is Friday, January 16, 2015 by 5:00 p.m. The Town of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of the workforce. EOE/AA
Services of the Merrimack Valley, Inc.
Position: Resident Service Coordinator in Chelmsford & Westford
Hours: Full-time/ 37.5 hours per week
Supervisor: Area Planner & Grants Manager
Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley (ESMV) is looking for an experienced, versatile elder care professional to join our Supportive Services Team covering Supportive Housing sites in Chelmsford and Westford. This is an opportunity to use your knowledge of the aging services network to connect older adults with needed supports. This individual would help create community through: facilitating access to services and enriching the lives of residents through social, recreational, wellness, and educational activities. The Resident Service Coordinator is the critical link between ESMV and the Housing Authority to meet our shared goal of assisting elders to successfully age in place within a supportive community. Apply today to this full time position and become part of our team!
Qualifications: BA/BS Degree preferred; LSW and knowledge of housing/social services with elders or adults with disabilities strongly preferred. Knowledge of Housing/Disability laws and regulations helpful. Solid written, verbal, interpersonal and team skills.
All applications must be submitted by January 5th and have a cover letter and resume attached to be considered
External applicants may apply here: http://esmv.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Community Coordinator - Cambridge, MA
Just A Start has a new opportunity for a Community Coordinator who will manage services for residents living in a Just A Start affordable housing community. In this important community engagement role, the Coordinator will be a strong relationship builder to connect residents with on-site activities, services, and other local resources to address issues affecting finances, tenancy, opportunities for youth and general well-being. Collaboration with and support of Property Management is key to this role as well.
BA/BS degree in social work, social services, and a minimum of five years relevant work experience with low and middle income populations, or equivalent, is required. Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, regulations, and applicable federal and state laws is also required.
RSC – Newington Housing Authority (CT)
Position begins January 2015. Interested applicants should contact Melinda Harvey at 860-521-8396. It's a great RSC job without the strict HUD requirements. The NHA consists of 3 employees. We are not a typical Housing Authority & more of an independent property management company. We are a quasi-municipal agency as we are no longer directly connected to the town of Newington. We manage 106 units over 3 properties. It's 20 hrs at @ $20/hr, no medical benefits.
Resident Service Coordinator
Appleton Corporation/O’Connell Senior Living Communities-Springfield / Holyoke Area
RSC positions available for a well established AMO Property Management Company 40hrs/wk. benefited position. Responsibilities include coordination of community services for elders in independent housing, arrange incoming presenters and programs and facilitate wellness programs as well as work as part of the management staff to assist residents in lease compliance and to age in place. Must be well organized, resourceful and have the ability to work independently and as a team player. Associates degree in Human Services/ Social Work or 3-5 years equivalent work experience with seniors providing services in a housing environment or a social services organization. Applicants MUST have the ability to converse bilingually/Spanish.
Position: Resident Services Coordinator
Company: Dimeo Properties
Site: Attleboro, MA
Position: Part-time - 20 hrs/wk
1. Identify and assess individual and family needs when appropriate; inform the resident of available resources and provide support in accessing services successfully. Document these efforts.
2. Help to facilitate resident meetings and community-organizing and social activities if desired by residents.
3. Develop supportive professional relationships with residents that help them enhance the quality of their lives, empower them to develop life goals and encourage them in taking the steps to achieve self-sufficiency.
4. When requested, work with property management in mediating conflicts between residents. Document these efforts.
5. Identify, assess, select, develop and maintain referral partnership relationships with local service resource agencies that effectively assist residents to achieve their opportunities and objectives in life.
6. Provide supportive linkages between residents and referral agency staff when residents or agencies request assistance. Document these efforts.
7. Refer lease violations to the Property Manager and work with the property management team when a resident is identified as being in jeopardy of eviction. Offer linkages and referral support to the resident to positively and quickly rectify the situation. Document these efforts.
8. Establish resident services program targets. Consistently track and measure program target progress. Regularly report program outcomes to both internal and external stakeholders. Analyze and utilize outcomes data as the basis for continuous program improvement.
9. Insure effective communication with residents by newsletter, flyer, bulletin board, etc., making sure that communication is inclusive of residents whose primary language isn't English and who, as a result, have limited English proficiency, and people with visual and cognitive impairments.
10. Welcome new residents (and establish contact with existing residents) and explain to them the resident services program, its offerings, and the RSC role in providing information and support in assisting residents interested in accessing local service resources.
11. Help set a tone of inclusion and non-discrimination in the resident community.
12. Complete HUD Semi-Annual Performance Report and other monthly resident services reports as required by supervisor.
13. Complete other housing and resident related assignments as directed by the supervisor.
Bachelor's degree or higher in Social Work, Psychology, Gerontology, Counseling, or related specialty or significant work experience relevant to the position.
Knowledge of relevant state, federal and local resources and agencies. Must pass a background check and a drug screening. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) encouraged.
If interested please contact and send resumes to:
Director of Resident Services
Resident Service Coordinator – 2 FT positions in Providence, RI
The RSC connects residents in need with supportive services, to promote successful tenancy and self-sufficiency. The RSC facilitates community-building opportunities and coordinates educational programs to ensure high quality of life in the housing community.
Connect residents with supportive services to help them gain maximum independence and self-sufficiency, providing social service intervention, information and referral to residents, as needed
Coordinate all aspects of educational, health & wellness events, activities and programs for residents in the housing community.
Work closely with property management team to address the needs of resident and to build a harmonious community.
Collaborate with community partners to promote resident independence and high quality of life.
Support residents with lease compliance.
BA preferred. Experience in human services, gerontology and/or housing services is required.